Services and Repairs
- Complete the Equipment Repair Request on Biology Web Site & submit Barry Grant will contact a technician to service the equipment. He will respond to the request in writing.
- Repair cost exceeding over $5,000.00 needs prior approval and done on a purchase requisition.
- PO#’s will be issued to vendors prior to repair/service (painting, electrical outlets installed, floor cleaned/waxed, roach spraying, gas cylinder orders, surplus items to be picked up, etc.
- Complete the Service Request Form and submit. Barry Grant will respond and let you know when the service will be accomplished.
- Contact Barry Grant by phone or email for gas cylinder orders at [email protected]
Maintenance Help Desk: (404) 651-0700
After normal office hours (7 am - 5 pm), leave a message and you will receive a call back. Call for water leaks, lights out, too hot/cold, and other building issues.
Contact Barry Grant as well for emergencies.
- Lost or malfunctioning cards should be reported to Barry Grant ([email protected]) IMMEDIATELY.
- All cards are issued and programmed by Barry Grant. There is a mandatory $5.00 refundable key deposit.
- Personnel leaving the university should return their swipe key cards to Barry Grant prior to departing.
John Houghton: Core Facilities (DNA/Protein)
Margaret Gould: Autoclaves – NSC & Kell
Cell (emergencies only): (404) 405-0500
For broken equipment and freezer emergencies, contact Barry Grant ([email protected]) IMMEDIATELY. Also,whenever possible, contact the owners of the freezer.
Please make your key requests at the front desk in the main office. Complete a white key request card for door keys. When filling out these cards, please make sure they are filled out completely and correctly. The P.I. must initial in the upper right hand corner of the card.
Panther Card access for the Autoclave and is available via Barry Grant.
- Door Keys (Students only) $5.00
- Autoclave/Graduate Computer Lab: $5.00
- Fees are refunded when keys are returned to Key Control and the Key Control receipt is shown to the Biology Department.
For more information contact: